...The plan is simple: I will watch a different anime every day for one year....

Saturday, March 19, 2011

#3: Ghost in the Shell-Stand Alone Complex, 2nd Gig


I just cried a little as the first episode of this series ended.

I cried a little and it was all over some goofy blue robots with cutesy voices who were excited to be given jobs with Section 9.

Yep, I cried for robots. I am just that much of a softy.

In my defense, they are very special robots, from a very special anime.

One of my very favorite anime, as a matter of fact. Starring one of my favorite anime characters.

Actually, Major Motoko Kusanagi is my absolute favorite anime character. My fave character period, really. She is my goddess, my ideal, my hero. She is everything I wish I could have grown up to be. She is strong, tough, smart, noble, ambitious, passionate, and gorgeous. She does not let others push her around, she makes her own rules about right and wrong, and she looks dang good in tight spandex outfits. It doesn't matter that she is animated and make-believe. I love her anyways.

And I love her series. It looks grown-up and slickly animated and dark enough for the subject matter. It works on alot of different levels.

And it made me cry. Which is points in its favor. Because I'm impressed when something can make me cry. Especially over happy robots.

No comments:

Post a Comment