...The plan is simple: I will watch a different anime every day for one year....

Monday, January 13, 2014

13/365: Pretear

This show has some very silly costume changes. It's like Sailor Moon only the heroine gets doll-style naked with some dudes and then merges with them (it's a lot less dirty than it sounds) when she does her magical power ups.

I wanted to like this series but between annoying voices (both original and dubbed for once), overly silly and dramatic acting (is that even the right word for animation), and kind of a ridiculous story, it wasn't really happening.

Maybe I've seen too many anime now where a boy and girl meet, seem to hate each other at first, and end up falling in love anyway. Or maybe I'm just not as enamored of magical girl stories as I used to be. I don't mind when characters have magic and fight demons and stuff. I just think the power ups and costumes have gotten kind of stale (of course I'll still watch the Sailor Moon reboot when it comes out, but that has a whole nostalgia thing going for it so there is an excuse).

Anyhoo, this story basically centers around a teen girl with family issues who finds out she is a super powered heroine who can merge with dudes who turn into weapons and swanky outfits in order to fight demons and stuff. She falls in love with one of them because why not, and fighting and adventure type stuff happens.

I only watched one episode and read up on the rest of the series. I just wasn't feeling it with this one. Oh well. They can't all be winners I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment