...The plan is simple: I will watch a different anime every day for one year....

Sunday, January 5, 2014

5/365: Hetalia World Series

I miss Kaze no Stigma. I spent the last ... day or so watching it and now it's over and I'm feeling rather empty and sad without it.

I really, REALLY liked that show.

And it looks like there is only two manga and some light novels to get me by now.

That isn't enough.

But I'm trying to move on to new things, so today I'm watching Hetalia World Series. It's short and funny and very cartoonish and I am in no way comparing it to Kaze no Stigma and getting mad cause it isn't the same.

I like that.

I also like to laugh, and Hetalia is always good for a laugh. Whether it is from Prussia commenting on his diaries or America and Canada playing a brutal game of catch or Germany being harassed by just about anyone, it is all good for some laughs.

I kind of wish I knew more world history (or even geography) so I understood more of the jokes. But oh well. I still laugh. Especially at the Japan/Greece friendship. It's hilarious. Trust me.

When I first saw Hetalia Axis Powers I had no idea what I was getting into. I just knew the series was popular enough to inspire dozens of cosplayers at Sakuracon. It didn't take me long to get into the swing of it though. This show is based around the idea that all of the countries of the world are human beings and they interact and compete and form friendships and do silly things.

Good times. Even the episodes that are serious instead of funny are very well done. And in little five minute episodes you never really have time to get bored. Also good stuff.

At least good enough to get me past this depression I'm feeling over the lack of more Kaze no Stigma to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment